Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Business: Joslyn Place Photography


In today's economy and in our culture of "Big Box" retail and mass production, I think that it is important to remember that small businesses are the largest employers in the United States. As Americans, we owe it to ourselves and our neighbors to promote and patronize as many local seriecs and retailers as we can.

I would like all of you folks in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to meet Kimberly and Meredith. These ladies own a local business which I hope you will support, in aid of which I have invited them to use my little corner of cyberspace to tell you what it's all about.
Take it away, ladies.


Gunfighter, whom I have the privilege of working with at DC Metro Moms (he's the official Dad), has offered us the wonderful opportunity to guest post on his blog to announce our new business called Joslyn Place Photography. We are located in Northern Virginia and we specialize in: family, newborn, maternity, pet, teen and group portraits. Many of our sessions are done right in the client's backyard, favorite park or outdoor setting. We like to share our work on our blog as well as on our big girl portfolio website.

About The Photographers

We are a team of two, A Laverne & Shirley for this century. Joslyn Place is wonder twins activated. Or at the very least, we are cousins. We go by Meredith and Kimberly. At long last our lives have geographically come together in Northern Virginia which isn't too far from where our parents started out back on Joslyn Place in Cheverly, Maryland. The proximity has finally allowed us to combine forces and share our love of people and life through photographs. This is good news for you.



I, Meredith, am the lead photographer. That means that while we’re together I’m looking for the right space, the right light, the right moment to capture you being you. This is, hands down, my favorite part. All you have to do is spend time with your people. And all I have to do is notice and capture you.

I, Kimberly, am the second shooter. I began following in my cousin’s creative footsteps and fell deeply in love with both the imagery of the art and the experience of the shoot. I enjoy putting people at ease and bringing out the comedy of the moment. I head up the organizational end of things mostly due to my anal retentive nature which, in turn, often leads me in the direction of a great bottle of red. I like to say that I savor life.

We love the details of all the ties that bind. We love the second where those ties and personalities surface and are captured while you were wiping a crumb off his shirt or helping her avoid the mud. We crave the moments where you can see the details of a misplaced hair, a smirk or a wrinkle and feel every ounce of that thing called love.

Our cameras capture your story so far.

We’ll catch your beauty, your heart and your funny all wrapped up in one.

We cannot wait to work with you.

Meredith & Kim
PPA Members



We have two types of sessions to fit your holiday needs and wallet:


2009 Holiday Package $500

· Sitting fee (90 minute session)
· Three 8×10 Stand Out Wall Prints
· Print Gift Set (One 8×10, Two 5×7s, Eight wallets)
· CD containing 10 images. Each image provided in color and B&W with copyright release.

Holiday Mini-Shoot $250

· Sitting Fee (a 45 minute session)
· CD containing 5 images w/ copyright release – perfect for creating holiday photo cards.

*Along with either package, our a la carte prints, listed below, would be offered to you at 30% off.

PRINTS:

8 wallets (2.5×3.5) = $10
4×6 = $5.00
5×7 = $7.50
8×10 = $10.00
16×24 = $90.00

Check out our calendar for the day that suits you. Let’s take advantage of this stunning fall weather, pretty please.

We can't wait to work with you!

Love,

Kimberly & Meredith

Please note that I have not been compensated for this guest post. I am just trying to do right by some nice people.

No comments: